Listen to the Message
“In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”
The Bible view thanksgiving as the sincere overflow of gratitude for all that God has given to us.
1. The Psalmist’s Reason for Thanksgiving
- “I love the Lord because..”
- “How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.”
- Because God “heard my voice”.
- “This is the confidence that I have....” 1 John 5:14
- Because God “saved me”.
- Because God has “delivered my soul”.
- We have a tendency to be complacent & not very thankful.
2. The Psalmist’s Response To God
- “How can I repay the Lord for all His goodness to me?”
- How often do we fail to express our gratitude to God?
- 1 Thes 5:16-18
- Thanksgiving isn’t complete without Thanks-Living
3. Developing Thanks-Living in Our Lives
- “The earth is the Lord’s and everything in it.”
- “Every good and perfect thing is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.”
- “For the abundance of the sea and the treasure hid in the sand.”
- “Embrace the gift of gratitude and you will find the joy that eludes almost everyone else.” Richard Exley