Listen to the Message
This is not a mere dress rehearsal that we are experiencing today.
We have a tendency to love, sometimes, as if today doesn’t count.
The Bible teaches us the “Today Matters”.
The power of intentional living.
Let us fix our eyes on Jesus. (Hebrews 12:2)
I’m talking about making the most of every single day.
Carpe Diem - Sieze the Day
We have only one life to live.
Living with a Make-the-most-of-this-day mentality.
1. Put the Past Behind You.
- Why did I have to do that?
- Why did that have to happen to me?
- Back then....
- The back-then mind set prevents us from recognizing he meaningfulness of today.
- It’s a once-again matter.
- “The starting team will go back into the field to begin the second half.”
- The game is only half over. You belong on the field.
- Regardless of the past, you still have the rest of the game to play.
2. Take the Road Before You.
- You belong on the playing field.
- This means that each day we need to ask ourselves, “What can I do today to make the most of today?”.
- We do this in a daily basis.
3. Aim For That Which Is Beyond You.
- He’s calling you to stretch.
- It may seem like an impossible reach ... but you keep reaching.
- You need to make it your daily resolve to reach for that which is beyond you.
- We can’t afford to go through life with a dress rehearsal mentality.
- You have one life to live and you can live it only one day at a time — today.