Listen to the Message
Success in almost any endeavor requires focus.
It was not a time for celebration— that would come in due time.
1. They Have Never Learned the Value and Discipline of Having Focus.
- “Those too lazy to plow in the right season will have no food at the harvest.” Proverbs 20:4 NLT
- Teach him that the way he invests his time will determine much of the results he enjoys in life.
- He has to discipline his life so that he is ready for the game.
- How easily are you distracted from what are supposed to be doing?
2. Another reason people lose focus is they get seduced towards something else.
- You can’t walk in the lust if the flesh and the power of Spirit at the same time.
- Whatever gets your attention ultimately gets you.
- Luke 8
- Eternal destinies are at stake.
- Most things that are worthwhile take some perseverance.
- (1) The cares of life.
- The care of life seem to encroach on our time from every direction.
- For every one of us, there will be a whole lot of things left undone.
- The urgent is not always the important.
- (2) the riches or material things are the second distribution Jesus talks about.
- Everything takes time, energy, and money.
- Things are not important enough to forfeit eternity with God just to have them in this life.
- (3) the pleasures of life.
3. Some people lose focus on the God and His purpose for them because that have become absorbed with themselves.
- We don’t worship Him as a maneuver to get our needs met.
4. Some people lose focus because they are disappointed.
- Their concept of what God was doing was off track.
- What do you do when your hopes and dreams are shattered and you’re left with a whole lot of disappointment?
- “Looking unto Jesus...”
- We cannot let anything take our focus off of Him.
- Philippians 3:8