Listen to the Message
How we feel isn’t determined by objective circumstances.
Your internet attitudes are more important than your external circumstances.
We tend to see what we are looking for.
Complainers can always find something to complain about.
A worshipper can always find something to praise God about.
1. Bad Days - We All Have Them.
- “About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them.” Acts 16:25 NIV
2. Zoom Out - What Is Really Going On?
- Sometimes you’ve got to zoom out and look at the big picture.
- Worshipping is taking our eyes off of our external circumstances and focusing on God.
- But they made a choice to worship God in spite of their external circumstances.
- God restores the joy of our salvation.
- Nothing is more difficult than praising God when everything seems to be going wrong.
3. Response - Ability
- To choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances can not be taken away.
- The outcome of your life will be determined by your outlook on life.
- We have the ability to choose our response in any set of circumstances.
- Their bodies were chained, but their spirits soared.
4. Worship Causes Things To Happen
- “You can’t solve a problem on the level it was created.” Einstein
- Worship changes the atmosphere and it charges the Spiritual atmosphere.
- Worship sets the stage for miracles!
- Worship is the way we stay positive in negative circumstances.
- The key is focusing on the right reality!
- We let what is wrong with us keep us from worshiping what’s right about God.
- We tend to see what we are looking for.
- A worshipper always finds something to praise God for because they’re looking for something to praise God for.
- The circumstances you complain about becomes chains that imprison you.
- Worship sets off a chain reaction.
Find something everyday to be grateful for.