Listen to the Message
This is the most pivotal passage in the gospels because it summarizes the entire Christian life in just a few words.
It comes down to:
Love God, Love Others, Love Yourself
1. How Great God Is.
- God comes first.
- He is the center of the universe, not you or me.
- “The basic human problem is that everyone believes that there is a God — and I’m it.
- My point is that each of us needs to remember that the world revolves around none of us.
- You determine your foundation and your focus.
- What matters most is one’s connection to the God of the universe.
- God must be the foundation and the focus of our lives — our source of direction.
2. How Fundamental Love Is.
- This is unfortunate, because in every other area of life, you want someone who excels in the fundamentals.
- John 13:35
- Love is the fundamental priority for followers of Jesus.
- Once we love Him rightly, obeying is no longer an obstacle.
3. How Valuable People Are.
- Just as loving God belongs at the top of our priority list, so does loving people.
4. How Special You Are.
- If I can’t be patient with myself, it’s hard to be patient with others.
- That means being patient with yourself, forgiving yourself, encouraging yourself and treating yourself with kindness.
- Of all the people you’re supposed to love, you’re one of them.
- It’s a creed for us to live by: Loving God Loving People