Listen to the Message
Being a father has never been easy.
“Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.” Ephesians 6:4 NIV
1. Be Gentle
- Exasperate means “to provoke it irritate”, and it means “to make worse”.
2. Be There
- You have to make your kids a priority.
- A father’s attitude must be “do as I do” not just “do as I say”.
- As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
- No amount of success can take the place of the role you play with your children.
- When a boy knows that he is important to Dad, he knows that he is important, period.
- When a girl knows that she is treasured by her father, she knows that she is a treasure.
3. Be An Example
- This means that they need to hear in your words and see in your actions what it means to be a follower of Jesus Christ.
- Your kids are following you, where are you leading them?