This is not your father's religion.
True religion is not about race and it's not about ritual.
We have a tendency to want to box God in.
It has always been a challenge to make the distinction between cultural preferences and Biblical principles.
1. God reveals Himself to those who seek Him
- He reveals Himself to those who are looking for Him.
- "....When you search for me, you find me; if you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13
2. God speaks to those who will listen.
- The important thing is that we're paying attention.
- It takes faith to believe that god is speaking to you, and it takes faith to act on that belief.
- Gods speaks to us through the Bible.
- God speaks to us through the preaching/teaching of His Word.
- God also speaks to us through many other sources.
- Everything he told them was consistent with Scripture.
3. God leads those who will follow.
- In this place there is no path, I'm the path.
- The truth is, He wants to lead us more than we want to follow.
- It's about a personal relationship with Him.