1 Corinthians 9:24-27
They went from winning to whining. Prat Riley about the Lakers
"Success is never final, failure is never fatal. It's courage that counts." John Wooden
1. I gave my all.
- "leave everything on the field."
- "Run in such a way to win the prize."
- Sometimes you leave it all on the field of play, and you still lose.
- You have to learn to measure success differently.
2. I got myself ready.
- "What you do in practice is going to determine your level of success. You have to give 100% everyday."
3. I took the road less traveled.
- He's talking about the discipline to do things you don't want to do ... or even things you don't have to do.
- There is a connection between physical discipline and spiritual obedience.
- Small improvements pave the way for big improvements.
- "I've worked hard, so now I will allow myself a few indulgences."
- Both success and defeat tempt you to stop paying the price.
- Most people disqualify themselves by way of apathy.
- "Well done, thou good and faithful servant."