Listen to the Message
And then he told them, “Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone. (Mark 16:15
Jesus is telling this band of under-achievers to go into all the world and preach the gospel.
Three things that helped turn the tide:
One was the resurrection of Jesus.
The power of the Holy Spirit.
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” (Acts 1:8 NLT)
The third was, God's strategic timing.
In the days and weeks following Pentecost, the Jesus movement exploded with new growth.
We won't stop talking about Jesus because we can't stop talking about Jesus.
1. We need to talk about Jesus more than everything else.
- Jesus is the answer.
- It is our purpose to preach salvation through Jesus Christ to a lost and dying world.
- When people come to this church, I want them to know that we're about Jesus.
2. We need to honor God above anyone else.
- We don't have to defy the government in order to be faithful to our message, and for that we can be grateful.
3. We need to love people more than anything.
- "God loves you and so do I."
- The church demonstrates God's love by what it does.
- Let's be a church made up of people who are determined to do what's right, no matter what.
- Together we can change the world.